Friday 23 August 2013

On Radio One today for 'Ladytime' with Greg James and Olly Murs.







So last night I was sat browsing my twitter timeline, as you do, and Greg James tweeted out if anyone has a problem they would like to speak to Olly Murs about on tomorrows Radio One show email greg.james@bbc.co.uk . Now anyone who knows me knows that I absolutely LOVE Olly Murs and I'm fortunate to be one of the only people he follows on Twitter so I thought let's email. I certainly didn't think I'd be hearing anything back.

About 5 minutes later, whilst chilling on the sofa with my boyfriend Chris, I had a phone call which said BLOCKED, normally I don't answer these calls, but for some reason I answered it and a lady said ' Hi Helen, it's Pippa from Radio One' I was like 'oh hiya' she then proceeded me to ask what my problem was to which because I was so shocked to be called I said the SHITTEST question ever. She said that I would get a call in the morning at around 10am.

After sitting on what had just happened I was like I can't ask that question it's rubbish. So I emailed Greg again asking if I could change my question. Next minute Pippa rings me back and proceeds again to ask me my problem. This time I thought I'd ask a banter type question which hopefully will make Greg and Olly feel uncomfortable answering so I said ' my problem is that I've got one boob bigger than the other and I'd like to know if that would bother men such as themselves' I then asked if I could actually say the word boob on radio and Pippa said she would ask her editor. I could hear in the background they was both laughing their heads off at my question and the editor was like yes she can. Pippa then came back on the phone and told me that I have to ask my question to both Greg and Olly and expect a call at 10am in the morning and to make sure I have plenty of battery and signal. Before ending the call Pippa told me that it's ok to have one boob bigger than the other hahaha. I was laughing my head off. Just to clarify, my boobs are absolutely fierce and I love them!! I just wanted to say something different and funny which I knew I'd get a bit of banter from!!

So this morning, as promised, I was phoned at 10am by Pippa to be told that I'm going to be called back later as Greg isn't in yet but am I still ok to ask my question? I was like yeah that's fine and Pippa was like it's a very common problem you're not alone! (hahaha) I was seriously trying not to laugh.

After waiting what seemed like ages (it wasn't just felt like an age) I finally got the call......

A lady called Jade rang me and said I was going to be on line 1 but I had to hold for round about 8 minutes! Around 12 minutes in Jade came back on the phone and said I'm so sorry Helen, Greg and Olly won't shut up!

Then my turn came..... We have Helen on line 1! We say hello, how are you etc. and then Greg asks me to ask Olly my question. Cue me.

'I have massive boobs and one is a bit bigger than the other, does this pose an issue for gentlemen like yourselves' Olly quipped in with 'I don't care I love boobs' Greg was asking about the size of my boobs if one hangs lower than the other etc. The Olly said between me you and Greg I have one bollock that hangs lower than the other. I was quick to reply that that was in no way an issue at all! Greg then went onto say that is sounds like I have fabulous boobs and that himself and Olly are intrigued! I told Greg I have his email and that Olly follows me on twitter so I can slip them a little something haha. Both we're like whayyyyyy!! haha. It was complete lad banter from start to finish which is just what I wanted and Greg and Olly we're absolutely lovely and didn't disappoint! All in all I got about 10 minutes on the phone with them.

It was a pre record so for the sake of the show i'm guessing that some of the conversation will be edited out but it was just a great opportunity to do!

Greg James Tweeted me after the interview letting me know when it will be on air.




So it's going to be on air on Tuesday 27th August from 5pm. So tune in!! I shall be adding an audio to this blog when it has aired so you can all listen to it!

The Radio One website is here. Radio One

Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. Haha love it - will have to find it online!! :)

    Lianne
    The Brunette Says..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that's so funny. I met Olly once and he's such a sweetheart. Glad you got picked to have your question answered!

    http://cheshirebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete